Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Week 1


We rang in the New Year with friends and a pizza party. That was my favorite New Year's Eve party ever! Calm, low key, pleasant company and conversation. My daughter was disappointed. She fell asleep and would not wake up, though I tried at 11 p.m., 11:45 p.m., and shortly past midnight. Then again, she had played long and hard with my friend's three girls and had her first ski lesson the day before- she had every excuse to be exhausted!


(I want to add a picture here, but for some reason
I cannot get the uploader to work. Perhaps later.)
 
Since we have been home, the rest of the week has had it's fair share of a different sort of excitement. The bug going around seemed to have finally hit my husband, who was laid low for a couple days. I had a doctor visit which was a bit stressful with a not unexpected result. And, I regret slowing down on keeping a small colony of crickets here at home as NONE of the pet stores have crickets this week and their selection of worms looked unhealthy. So, Leon the lizard is going a bit hungry and I hope I can find an alternative food this weekend. (Note: during the warmer months, we hunt for crickets in non-treated woody areas. I discovered Leon won't go for spiders but he likes moths and flies.)
 
On the fun side, we have been experimenting with GFCF meals and so far are quite enjoying the process. My daughter spontaneously started reading a version of Oliver Twist and LOVES it! There have also been numerous dartgun battles, during which Flynn the cat chases and tries to eat the foam darts.

(There has been a loooong delay in me posting due to a lot of chaos going on- the homeschool part I will be posting in a short while. Frankenstorm, family trips, and some medical issues I am dealing with have totally loaded up my days, leaving me little time for anything but the necessities. But, I'm back- I love to chat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment