Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blue Angels & More

We had a terrific time going to see the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels last weekend. We went to Martin State Airport to see the team up close (very up close!) as well as the numerous other attractions. My husband took my daughter up in a Cessna- the first time for both (a local school was giving rides), and later, they both convinced me my fear of hights would not rear its ugly head. It was not as bad as theme park attractions (where I now keep my feet firmly on the ground!)

On their first flight: my girl is in the back.

My daughter has been practicing chin-ups, copying my husband as he stays Army fit. At Martin State Airport, the Marines had a bar up for any takers- she took their challange and (with a little help after 5) did 10 chin-ups to earn a large goody bag!


We saw various military aircraft, and I watched while my daughter & husband ran around ooohing and aaahing and squealing (okay, that was my daughter) with delight when something took off, did a fly-by, or landed. When the Blue Angels flew, we were able to be close-up for them lining up, taking off, and landing. Afterwards, we got their autographs.

The Angels lining up for take-off.

My girl's favorite pilot was #2 for the very little-girl reason of "he's the tallest!" She was super-impressed with his hight, and I was super-impressed with his gentleness and humor.


During this two-day field trip, we covered the War of 1812- this was the 200th Anniversary of that war; our Armed Forces, flight & aircraft, face-painting, and physical fitness. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment